Thursday, November 21, 2013

M.Arch Student Studio Project - Suzhou Boat Facility

Hi All again!

I just got up from bed after lying for 5mins and decided to share with you the ongoing website update of work that me and my peers are doing for our Masters in Architecture projects here in Scott Sutherland School of Architecture. The project site is in Suzhou near Tai Lake. Suzhou is located to the West of Shanghai. The studio work is led by Professor Alan Dunlop, Penny Lewis and Simon.

Please click into the website. It records the findings of interesting facts, and see with yourself how the design evolved. I am doing an industrial project - Suzhou Boat Facility. In this boat facility there are mainly 3 distinguish volumes (programmes) - 1. Offices+Canteen, 2. Testing workshop+Drawing Studio+Mould Loft, and 3. Boat Building Workshop. Please have a look into my work from the start of last year September 2012 until the present time. This is the link.

This studio project is interesting and is never done before for a Scottish / British architectural master design studio unit to brave herself to tackle some of the issues that topped the priority list faced by the growing Chinese population, such as who is responsible to look after the growing ageing population, the housing needs for the growing population, the shift from one-child policy to a more liberal more-than-one child policy, the elimination of education through labour system, the multifacets industrial autonomy etc... ... the list continues.

I see the problems the Chinese facing currently as vast opportunity especially looking from the perspective of architecture, politics and socio-economy. Also, the problem-solving that are happening now or will happen soon (as I seen) are regarded as a precaution steps developing economies should take note of. This eventually lead me think about the Rise of China  or maybe some of you think otherwise, well it is far too early to draw a full stop on that now.

Well, that's enough for now... My body is reminding me that I should get back to sleep now.
Take care! :)

Please leave me comment regarding the studio design project via my university email - 1015612@rgu.ac.uk Thank you for reading.


From your author,
Zhen Ron.

No comments:

Post a Comment