Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Summary of 2013. What is next in 2014?

Hi again readers from the world, this is just a post I am reflecting myself for the entire soon-to-end year 2013. Although I only blog once in a blue moon, I still feel very connected with my dearest readers let it be in wherever part of the world. I appreciate your time reading my post and hopefully able to find similarities in like-minded people and interesting future awaits us. Right, I am going to structure this post in different themes: faith, love, study, family, career, friendship and others.

First of all, I would like to share a wee bit about my faith. I am born into a Buddhist family so I am a Buddhist by heart. To be exact, I am practicing Nichiren Daishonin Buddhism. This is a sect of Buddhism founded by a lay priest in 13th Century Japan. A wee bit of explanation here: Nichiren taught devotion to the Lotus Sutra (entitled Myōhō-Renge-Kyō in Japanese)— which contained Gautama Buddha's teachings towards the end of his life — as the exclusive means to attain enlightenment (in other words Buddhahood). Furthermore, Nichiren believed that the Lotus Sutra contained the essence of all of Gautama Buddha's teachings relating to the laws of cause and effect and karma. This devotion to the sutra entails the chanting of Nam-Myōhō-Renge-Kyō (referred to as "daimoku") as the essential practice of the teaching. That is what I do every morning and night or whenever I can. Performing daimoku is likened as accumulating good fortune in life, let it be wealth, health and happiness. Another aspect I would like to share with you my dear readers is the lay organization of Soka Gakkai International. Soka Gakkai has, together with its international offshoot Soka Gakkai International (SGI) been described as "the world's largest Buddhist lay group'. SGI is a lay Buddhist movement linking more than 12 million people around the world. SGI members integrate their Buddhist practice into their daily lives, following the Lotus Sutra based teachings of Nichiren, a 13th-century Japanese Buddhist priest. Just as the lotus blooms in a muddy pond, all people can manifest the Buddha nature--inner resources of courage, wisdom and compassion that can equip them to overcome life's challenges and lead happy and fulfilling lives. As "engaged Buddhists," SGI members aim to create value in any circumstances and contribute to the well-being of others. Their practice sparks a process of ongoing inner transformation and empowerment known as "human revolution." The promotion of peace, culture and education is central to SGI's activities. Most of the content here are exactly copied and pasted from the source . So in other words, I pride myself as a lay world citizen who helps in promoting world peace. I have grown much in faith, get inspired and am constantly sharing my view on life based on the Buddhism principle I live with, that is why I always say Buddhism is a reason and it is a living Buddhism as we infused those principles into our life. I received my very own Gohonzon on the 17th June 2013 and I have been appointed as the Young Men District Leader for my local SGI district. That means more responsibilities to bare. I learn and I will always learn no matter what.

Although this section here is a little bit private but I know what I am talking about now. As for love, I met very interesting people in my life throughout this year. We have much in common and shared really much like-minded views, let it be life, career, faith or in general the future ahead. I believe if I really pursue and follow my instinct I will fall in love once again. :) Yet, there is this girl that I really liked and I can sense that she has the same chemistry for me too. But we felt the timing is not right at the moment. Maybe more on me, that I am not prepared yet and I wish to travel and explore more in my career, in particular the various locations for my work in the future. Yet, it seems that she wanted a guy that is settled right this moment. Well, time will proof if this chemical equation works out or not. Speaking about love, of course self-appreciation is another form of love as well. I love myself too. I believe one has to appreciate oneself first before appreciating and loving someone else. 

Speaking about career, I regard myself as a really fortunate chap having the opportunity to work with Danish firm schmidt hammer lassen architects SHL in their Shanghai office. The working environment is truly a fusion one between Danish culture and a Chinese one, very fascinating one. I do enjoy all the moments with my colleagues, my boss! We went partying, we stayed late together in the office etc. Also, the model making experience is truly something that really inspired me a lot here especially for my model-making skills. This 3 months period of internship is actually an eye-opener to me looking at China. I think I would like to spend more time understanding about China and the Chinese people and of course the Chinese culture. I would rather say it is also about understanding about myself especially exploring the Chinese root within.

Friendship - This is something I really benefited from a lot this year. I met some really amazing coursemates whom we can talk about hearts. Although we come from very different culture, background yet we still share very similar thoughts in study and life in general. I moved flat this year in Aberdeen. I am grateful to have met very interesting housemates. We shared thoughts, we go out for drinks and we encouraged each other in life. I think life should be like that. Friendship is a two way thing, the weigh should be balanced up, no less no much. Also, from my experience I would like to encourage you to appreciate your friend who stood up whenever you need them by your side. There is a saying goes, 'A friend in need, is a friend indeed'. In particular I met two very goodfriends of mine now. Both from Klang. We got closer when we knew that we could trust each other and we could share our views in life with each other. We even talk about secret lol. Well, one of the very many secret. :) Let's vow that we should keep this kind of friendship let it be 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 or 40 years in time and we could make it in Shanghai / London / India / SG / Msia or any way in the world. By that time we will have family etc. hahahaha... :)

Long story cut short, 2013 has been a roller coaster year for myself. I hope it has been the same for you too! Let's look forward for the new year! 

(P/s: I will touch up this post with some photos tomorrow on the New Year Day)


Your Blogger,
Ron.

No comments:

Post a Comment