Thursday, December 31, 2015

Last post for Year 2015!
(Quietly, and shamefully, first post after 2 years of non-blogging)

Dear Readers!

I am back and kicking!

It is this time of the year again to summoning up 2015. Year 2015 has been a roller-coaster journey for me. I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely say THANK YOU to all who has been with me for this roller-coaster journey. Along the way, you encouraged me, being my listener, pulled out your torch in the dark tunnel whenever I am lost, gave me the help I needed most AND/OR you discouraged me, you responded me in cold manner, you undermined my potential... ALL in ALL, THANK YOU. Without these, I will not be where I am and who I am, right now.

A few determinations I take pride in myself, and with immense gratitude of the following:

1. I had breakthrough the very discriminative immigration policy/employment opportunity (in the UK) to land myself not only an employment but two.
2. I realized that a change within myself (human revolution) has the potential to change the direction of my life. In short, I literally take charge in ALL ASPECTS of my life and I am not dependent on others in deciding it; and not blaming others for what I have to face.
3. The oneness of one and the environment (one of the very principle of Buddhism). I felt supported by the forces of the universe in realizing my mission in life and to go about my daily life, too. More empowering-ly, I felt that I can 'instruct' the forces of the universe to work on behalf of myself. I strived to be of constant 'conversation' between the flora and fauna I encountered daily. P/S-I still say thank you to plants and animals I came across daily. Call me insane :)
4. Able to recognize the importance of supporting others. To literally see others being lifted out of their suffering is the most liberated feeling ever. Such a life state. Strive to go OUT THERE and do more!
5. To celebrate life itself! A day of life in the universe is more worthy than all the treasure of the universe combined. This branches to the following determination.
6. To shift a larger part of my diet towards non-animal based. Who are we, human being to say that we should consume animals to survive. Meat is not a need any more, it is a want. Ever more so when we see people who are likely able to afford more are simply wasting their food. All to the bin. Pathetic.
7.  To appreciate the people and the circumstances even if it is at a very shitty moment. That's the opportunity to re-determine and to get ourselves together, re-focus and march towards our goals.
8. To appreciate the ties of friendship, family, colleagues. To always strive so that the relationship blossoms at greater heights.
9. To be able to summon up courage to encourage the person right in front of me, right at that moment, no hesitation.
10. To cast the transient and revealing the truth. The importance of  beauty of diversity - people of different races, cultures, nationalities, beliefs all come together to realise a life full of happiness not suffering. Let's all, human being celebrate the world's most beautiful unity in diversity.

Three cheers for life(lives)! Three cheers for humanity in diversity! Three cheers to welcome Year 2016 - The Year of Expansion! Let's take this opportunity to expand our life force even just a millimetre.

Happy New Year 2016.

Loch Ness © zhenrontan 311215
This is a view I have captured the way driving down to Drumnadrochit alongside the Loch Ness where Monster Ness is still asleep. :) The Sun is always shining. Vow to be the Sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment