Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My First Chinese New Year 'Reunion Dinner' Abroad~

Hi my dear Readers,

Today is a special date for me and all the Chinese around the world. Today is so unique that each Chinese will go back home and spend their moments with the family especially those who are working abroad or studying abroad. This custom has been around since the earliest civilisation in Chinese history.

According to the lunar calendar, today is the 30th Day of the last month in the Year of Tiger (2010). Thus, it is as important as the New Year eve dinner likewise what the locals here celebrated. Entering the year of the Rabbit, tomorrow which will be Chinese New Year first day, kids and single (non-married) individuals will greet their elderlys and parents, some pleasants wishes. In return, the elderlys will hand in Red Packet that contains bank notes that resembles sense of gratitude and also the greetings for their children or the youngsters.

I am so happy today that I have received a parcel from my parents through sea mail. :)

Here I am to upload some of the photos of food that I had these few days.


Spegetti

Heinz Mushroom soup + Fresh mushroom + Broccoli
  
Of course you gonna prepare an empty bowl or plate
  
Few Slices of Cheddar Cheese
  
Egg
  
Ready-To-Serve

Spegetti

Spegetti with its "Gravy"

Another View

Fresh Salmon = 3.50pounds

Fresh Salmon = 4.00pounds

Baked Salmon with melting Cheese~

Stir Fry Broccoli + Mushroom + Lettuce

My Reunion "Lunch"

Stir Fry Belly Pork + Celery

Baked Salmon with Cheese~ Look at the Omega oil! Yummy!


Simple Lunch~ Of course with Facebook at the upper left hand side


Finished!


 Dear readers, I am going to write until here now. I am going back to my site to do some note taking now... :) Will have the reunion dinner with my colleagues in the Restaurant later. :) Hope all of us have a prosperous and wealthy year in this Year of Rabbit! Cheers, everyone...

Added PART: Here is some photos of the Reunion Dinner taken at my workplace - Mr. Li Chinese Restaurant, Crown Terrace, Aberdeen, Scotland, UK.

Dear readers, see for yourself how great the food here is!Do click on the above hyperlink and click on the MENU tag right above and try the food for yourself... We also do a Salsa beginner session on Sunday night. Do phone us at 01224210592 for enquiries. Why not try some new dancing Skill in the beginning of this Chinese New Year. :)









 
新年快乐 恭喜发财 新年进步 万事如意 财源广进 龙马精神 喜气洋洋!
Happy Chinese New Year 2011
Zhen Ron...!

No comments:

Post a Comment